Modern Slavery Statement 2022
Giejo Holdings Limited (formerly Giejo International Limited)
Modern Slavery Statement
At LA Vapor Online Magazine, we are committed to upholding ethical practices and maintaining a strong stance against modern slavery in all its forms. We recognize our responsibility to take appropriate steps to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking are not present within our operations or supply chains. This Modern Slavery Statement outlines our commitment to combating these issues and our actions to address them.
LA Vapor Online Magazine operates with a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labor, and any form of exploitation. We are dedicated to creating a working environment that respects human rights, promotes fair labor practices, and fosters a culture of integrity and accountability.
Our Supply Chains
As an online magazine, our supply chains primarily involve digital services, content creation, and collaborations with contributors, partners, and vendors. While our supply chains are relatively simple compared to industries with extensive manufacturing or physical product distribution, we still recognize the importance of due diligence in ensuring that our partners and collaborators uphold ethical standards.
To address the risk of modern slavery and human trafficking, we have implemented the following actions:
- Supplier Evaluation: We assess our suppliers, partners, and collaborators to ensure they share our commitment to ethical practices. We prioritize working with organizations that have robust policies in place to prevent and address modern slavery.
- Contractual Obligations: We include clauses in our agreements and contracts with suppliers, partners, and collaborators that explicitly prohibit modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labor, and any form of exploitation. These clauses outline our expectations and emphasize compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Awareness and Training: We provide training to our employees and stakeholders to raise awareness about modern slavery, its various forms, and the signs to look out for. By fostering understanding and vigilance, we aim to create a collective effort to identify and report any potential instances of modern slavery.
- Reporting Mechanisms: We have established a confidential reporting mechanism to encourage employees, suppliers, partners, and stakeholders to report any concerns or suspicions related to modern slavery. This allows for prompt investigation and appropriate action to be taken.
- Ongoing Monitoring: We conduct regular reviews and audits of our operations, policies, and supply chains to ensure compliance with our anti-slavery commitments. We maintain an open line of communication with our suppliers, partners, and collaborators to address any concerns and maintain transparency.
We are committed to continually improving our practices and taking additional steps to combat modern slavery and human trafficking. This includes:
- Collaboration and Engagement: We actively seek partnerships with organizations and industry initiatives dedicated to eradicating modern slavery. By collaborating with like-minded entities, we can leverage collective efforts and share best practices.
- Supply Chain Transparency: We aim to enhance transparency within our supply chains by encouraging suppliers and partners to disclose information about their own anti-slavery efforts, policies, and practices.
- Periodic Review: We will regularly review and update our policies, procedures, and risk assessments to ensure they remain effective in addressing the evolving challenges of modern slavery.
LA Vapor Online Magazine is committed to promoting ethical practices, human rights, and the elimination of modern slavery. We will continue to uphold our responsibilities, raise awareness, and take appropriate actions to ensure that modern slavery and human trafficking have no place within our operations or supply chains. Through our collective efforts, we strive to make a positive impact and contribute to a world free from exploitation.
This Modern Slavery Statement will be reviewed annually and updated as necessary to reflect our ongoing commitment.